Statement of Objectives
The objectives of the Australasian Institute of Engineer Surveyors Incorporated (AIES) are to:
- Promote the development and practice of inspection of plant and equipment and coordinate its activities throughout Australia and New Zealand. Equipment shall include boilers and pressure vessels.
- Advance the interests of all those engaged in the profession and safeguard their status and character.
- Establish, promote, form, regulate and control any division of the Association in each State or Territory of Australia or New Zealand pursuant to the objectives of the Association.
- Foster fraternal sympathy amongst members and stimulate discussion of all matters related to hazardous equipment.
- Promote a uniform standard for inspectors throughout Australia and New Zealand.
- Promote self regulation by the adoption of relevant Regulations and Standards and recognition of those accepted as members of the Association.
- Encourage industry in the use of member’s services for hazardous equipment inspection and all related activities to ensure safety in the workplace.
- Promote public and environmental safety in the design, fabrication, testing, installation and inspection of hazardous equipment.